Reduce Stress, Have More Energy, And Better Focus Naturally
Essential Oils 101 with Sonia Masocco
In my work of supporting women to reconnect with their bodies and to build a trusting mutually supportive mind-body relationship I often encourage women to listen to their internal wisdom. It is very empowering to be able to trust your body for guidance when it comes to food, movement, and major decisions.
However, sometimes listening to the body is not enough. There are a few reasons behind it.
- It takes years to master body’s language just as any other language. The more you practice the more you understand. For example I am speaking English for about 9 years every day all day and I still make mistakes :). If you’ve been trying to listen to your body only for a few days, don’t expect to have a perfect understanding of what it communicates to you right away! It takes practice.
- When our diet is not a perfect whole foods diet, we can’t fully trust all the cravings. Our body craves what it knows. If all it knows is frozen meals and cookies, it won’t suddenly crave dandelions and sunflower seeds. When your body knows only couch and tv as a way to relax, it is not like to ask for an oil massage.
- If we feel stressed and overwhelmed it can be hard to hear and understand our body, as well. We need to be relaxed and not in a rush to connect to the wisdom inside and to hear our body’s voice.
The good thing is that at the beginning of our journey, at the times of stress or overwhelm, we have access to the guidelines and advice from those who already walked the path and those who spent years studying a particular subject. Guidelines from people who struggled with the same issues are invaluable. Take them as an experiment and see if it works for you.
Today I want to introduce you to one of the people who is helping people on their path to optimal health and happiness through her work with herbs, essential oil, and body work. Sonia Masocco has devoted most of her time in the study and practice of natural healing modalities starting in Hong Kong. An ITEC qualified practitioner in Aromatherapy, Reflexology and Massage Therapy, she continued studies in Clinical Aromatherapy and Herbology. She completed the Ayurvedic Studies Program at The Ayurvedic Institute in Albuquerque, New Mexico (U.S.A.) and the Ayurvedic Gurukula program in Pune, India. She teaches worldwide and at the University of New Mexico in addition to maintaining a private practice in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
In the video interview we cover the following questions:
- How and why do essential oils work?
- How powerful is their effect? Is it enough to treat or cure a disease?
- What oils are good for stress relief?
- What other symptoms can be improved with the use of essential oils?
- Are there a few oils that everyone should have at home? 3-5 must have’s.
- Does it matter where we buy essential oils? What should we look for when buying?
Your turn: Have you tried using essential oils? Which one is your favorite and how do you use it?