Essential Oils 101 with Sonia Masocco
In my work of supporting women to reconnect with their bodies and to build a trusting mutually supportive mind-body relationship I often encourage women to listen to their internal wisdom. It is very empowering to be able to trust your body for guidance when it comes to food, movement, and major decisions.
- It takes years to master body’s language just as any other language. The more you practice the more you understand. For example I am speaking English for about 9 years every day all day and I still make mistakes :). If you’ve been trying to listen to your body only for a few days, don’t expect to have a perfect understanding of what it communicates to you right away! It takes practice.
- When our diet is not a perfect whole foods diet, we can’t fully trust all the cravings. Our body craves what it knows. If all it knows is frozen meals and cookies, it won’t suddenly crave dandelions and sunflower seeds. When your body knows only couch and tv as a way to relax, it is not like to ask for an oil massage.
- If we feel stressed and overwhelmed it can be hard to hear and understand our body, as well. We need to be relaxed and not in a rush to connect to the wisdom inside and to hear our body’s voice.
In the video interview we cover the following questions:
- How and why do essential oils work?
- How powerful is their effect? Is it enough to treat or cure a disease?
- What oils are good for stress relief?
- What other symptoms can be improved with the use of essential oils?
- Are there a few oils that everyone should have at home? 3-5 must have’s.
- Does it matter where we buy essential oils? What should we look for when buying?
Your turn: Have you tried using essential oils? Which one is your favorite and how do you use it?