Finally, a dream come true vacation for any yogi – a perfect present for yourself for the New Year, and the best value-for-money investment in self-development!!! – A Yoga and Ayurveda Retreat to Kerala, India.
If ever since your first downward dog you’ve been curious about the place where yoga was born or if you’ve simply been waiting for an opportunity to take a dream vacation to another part of the world, this retreat is for you!!!
What: The Yoga and Ayurveda tour of Kerala is a 15 day unforgettable tour along the most beautiful places of Kerala in South India. Unlike other tours, this tour is so much more than the sum of it’s parts. For two weeks you will be surrounded by like-minded people who are looking to expand their horizons and explore the mysteries of the human nature. Aside from daily yoga practice, you will get to visit a traditional yoga ashram and mingle with people who live a “yoga” lifestyle, without the benefits of modern technologies. For one day, you will get to share their lifestyle, eat their food, breathe their air and practice yoga by their side. We will also explore the beauty of the Kerala backwaters on houseboat cruise, learn the secrets of Ayurvedic cooking during a cooking workshop, and enjoy the incredible skills of Indian dancers at a cultural dance show. You will get to see authentic fishing villages, untouched by the modern society, on the coast of the Arabian sea and enjoy delicious fresh seafood, prepared right in front of you. We will finish our vacation at an Ayurvedic resort, where experienced ayurvedic practitioners will unravel the mysteries of staying healthy and young, while pampering you with famous abhayanga (oil massage). Your soul will be delighted and happy – this is a once in a lifetime experience!
Where: Kerala, India. Simply put, Kerala is one of the most beautiful places in the world, ranked by Lonely Planet and National Geographic as one of the top “must see” destinations on planet Earth. Kerala is a tropical paradise and a leader in ecotourism in India. Famous for its gorgeous nature and diverse culture, Kerala is one of the most developed states in India. Kerala has it all, from mesmerizing sunsets, enchanting countryside, swaying palm trees, to lagoons and picturesque backwaters. It is ultimate delight to human senses.
When: March 23 – April 7
Spring is a very special time – time for rejuvenation, purification, and reassessment.
It is a perfect time to detoxify from a long holiday season, shed off winter pounds, and refresh with an exciting adventure. There is no better way to achieve all three than with Yoga and Ayurveda. Besides becoming healthier, you will get to see the most mesmerizing nature, one of the oldest cultures of the world, and tan on the beaches of the Arabian Sea.
Who: The tour is organized by Nadya Andreeva, a Strala Yoga Instructor and an Ayurvedic enthusiast. Nadya fell in love with India while studying yoga and Ayurveda there. Having travelled all over the country she was inspired by India’s culture, traditions, and hospitality. She hopes to share the beauty of India and its people during this retreat. Throughout the retreat Nadya will be teaching daily yoga classes and talking about implementing Ayurveda in daily life.
Why this tour is going to be awesome:
– The views and culture are breathtaking! Kerala is one of the most beautiful paces in the world and India is known for its ancient knowledge of Yoga and Ayurveda all over the world since time immemorial.
– We will do lots of yoga. Yoga is an art of transforming the inert body to the level of vibrant mind in order to unite your body and mind into one with the serenity of the self or soul. Yoga helps in and rejuvenating your mind and soul and brings out the best in a person. Whether you are new to yoga or an experienced yogi, you will enjoy the tour as your practice will be enhanced and revived. Immersing yourself in daily yoga practice can truly be a life changing experience.
– You will never be bored. Our tour will be full of activities, workshops, expeditions, entertainment and much more. Everything will be taken care of, all you need to do is just enjoy!
– You will have plenty of time to relax and rejuvenate. Optional ayurvedic consultations and treatments can be an easy way to lose weight, get rid of toxin build up, and deal with chronic illnesses, such as psoriasis or arthritis. Experienced ayurvedic practitioners will create a customized program based on your needs.
24 March – Cochin
On arrival at Cochin Airport, we will be met & transferred to your hotel. Day free to relax. Evening, Greenix Show which is a kaleidoscope of Indian classical art forms and martial arts. Overnight at Hotel. Cochin the queen of the Arabian Sea is one of the most interesting cities of India and has one of the finest natural harbors in the world.
25 March – Cochin
Yoga in the morning. After breakfast,go for a guided city tour of Cochin. Late afternoon, proceed for Kumbalangi, a model Tourism Village near Cochin city. Experience the day to day life of a Kerala village. Dinner at a Heritage restaurant on the backwaters.
26 March – Cochin
Yoga in the morning. After breakfast a village backwater Cruise with lunch. Afternoon free for shopping at Cochin. Evening visit Pepper Trails Kitchen to witness a cooking demo followed by Dinner.
Village backwater Cruise – An unforgettable journey in a country boat into the pristine backwater villages of Kerala…. goes through the zigzagging narrow canals and paddy fields fringed with coconut palms…..watch rare birds….country boat making….a natural fish farm where you can go fishing…and enjoy a typical Kerala lunch at a farmhouse.
27 March – Cochin – Kumarakom
After breakfast, check out from the Hotel & proceed to Kumarakom (1.5 Hrs), which is famous for its backwater & scenic beauty, sprinkled with traditional houseboats, country crafts, rural lifestyles and Tranquility. On arrival at Kumarakom check in at the Resort. A sunset cruise through the Vembanad lake.
28 – 29 March – Kumarakom
Morning Yoga session. Full day explore the beauty of backwaters, bird sanctuary, and local village walks, the nearby city of Kottayam to watch the rich urban life of Central Kerala.
Kumarakom is a cluster of little islands on the Vembanad Lake and a picturesque, clean village like most places in Kerala.
30 March – Houseboat
Morning Yoga session. Breakfast at the resort. By noon the Houseboat will pick you up from the resort jetty for a night’s stay. All meals are cooked and served on board. Explore the amazing backwater life of Kerala! Overnight at the Houseboat.
What is truly magical about a houseboat ride is the breathtaking view of the untouched and otherwise inaccessible rural Kerala that it offers. The houseboats have all the creature comforts of a good hotel including furnished bedrooms, modern toilets, cozy living rooms and a kitchen. Meals are cooked on board and supplemented with fresh fish from the backwaters served by the Kuttanad locals, on board.
31 March – Alleppey-Kovalam (Visit Mata Amrita Ashram)
Morning, enjoy your breakfast on board! Later proceed to the world renowned beach destination of Kerala, Kovalam. Enroute visit Mata Amritanandamayi Math Ashram.Later proceed to Kovalam . On arrival, check in at an Ayurvedic Resort. Day free to enjoy the beach life.
Kovalam is considered as the most trendy beach retreat in India. Kovalam, meaning “a groove of coconut trees,” is just 16 km from the state capital of Kerala – Thiruvananthapuram. The sheltered natural bay, the azure blue waters and the sumptuous spread of green palm groves make it a tropical paradise of sorts. This enchanting strip of golden sands is adorned by coconut palms. With high rock promontory and a calm bay of blue waters, this beach paradise creates a unique aquarelle on moonlit nights. One can walk into the sea about 100 meters without loosing ground. The underwater views, which are visible during snorkeling, are a marvel.
01 April – Kovalam – Cape – Kovalam
Morning Yoga session. After breakfast, proceed to Kanyakumari (Cape Comerin), the southern most tip of Indian peninsula (2 Hours). Enroute, visit the Sucheendram Temple & Padmanabhapuram Palace. Enjoy the sightseeing places of Kanyakumari. After sunset, drive back to Kovalam. Overnight at the resort.
Kanyakumari is the only place in India where one can enjoy the unique experience of watching the sunset and moonrise simultaneously on a full moon evening. Explore, Gandhi Memorial, Swami Vivekananda Rock memorial, Kumari Amman Temple & Tiruvalluvar Statue. Sucheendram Temple, has a beautiful gopuram, musical pillars and an excellent statue of the Hanuman, apart from a valuable collection of art from different periods. Padmanabhapuram Palace, a magnificent wooden palace of the 16th century, is a fine specimen of Kerala’s indigenous style of architecture.
02 April: Kovalam
Yoga. From today onwards enter the Ayurvedic way of life. Visit the Ayurvedic center for consultation and treatments as per the advice of the doctors. Overnight at Resort.
03 April: Kovalam (Treatment + Trivandrum Sightseeing)
Yoga. Morning visit Ayurvedic Center. Later proceed for a City Tour of Trivandrum, to explore Padmanabaswami Temple, Zoological Park, Napier Museum, Sri Chitra Art Gallery etc. Trivandrum, the capital of the state of Kerala, is a beautiful seaside city built on seven hills. The city gets its name from the word, Thiruvananthapuram meaning the city of Ananth or the abode of the sacred serpent Ananth, on which Lord Vishnu, the presiding deity of the town, reclines. Evening at leisure at the Beach. Overnight at Resort.
04 – 06 April: Kovalam (Treatment + Leisure)
Yoga and Ayurvedic massages and other treatments. Morning visit Ayurvedic Centre for Therapy. Seminar on Ayurveda & Cooking workshop. Kovalam Beach. Evening cultural show. Overnight at Resort.
Hotel List :
Cochin – Fort Heritage www.fortheritage.com
Kumarakom – Lemon Tree Vembanad www.lemontreehotels.com
A/c Houseboat – Evergreen www.evergreen-kerala.com
Kovalam – Somatheeram www.somatheeram.in
Tour Cost : USD 1500 on twin sharing basis
Single Room Supplement: additional USD 760
Get $50 off for every friend that you bring along!!!
To reserve your spot, email email@example.com or call (646) 580-YOGA(9642).
The payment can be made with a check or Paypal (3% commission)
Package Cost Includes:
* 03 Nights accommodation at Cochin as mentioned above
* 03 Nights accommodation at Kumarakom as mentioned above
* 01 Night stay at a 01 bedroom A/c Houseboat (Kumarakom – Alleppey) with all meals
* 07 Nights accommodation at Kovalam as mentioned above
* Daily Breakfast at all the hotels/ resorts
* All meals on Houseboat
* English Speaking Guide at Cochin,Trivandrum & Kanyakumari
* Greenix Show at Cochin
* Kumbalanghi Village visit with Dinner
* Village Backwater Cruise with lunch
* Cookery demo with Dinner at Cochin
* Entrance fees at monuments
* All transfers and sightseeing as per attached itinerary by A/c 18/35 seater coach.
* Driver allowance, parking, fuel, state entry fee
* All currently applicable taxes including Government Service Tax
Package Cost Excludes :
* Any meals other than those specified
* Any sightseeing unless otherwise specified
* Any train/ air/ Ship fare other than those specified.
* Camera fee, Ride, Guide fee other than those specified etc.
* All expenses of personal nature like soft/ hard drinks, Telephone/ Fax, Laundry, Tip etc.
* All other services not mentioned under package cost includes section.
You will need a valid Tourist visa to enter India. To obtain this you will need to contact a local Indian High Consulate, fill in the application form, which is available to download online (https://www.indian-visa.com/requirements/display), and take it to them or send it in along with the required fee. The visa is available the same day, if applying in person in New York. When mailing a visa application form, the process can take up to 10 days and your visa is activated from the day you get it rather than upon entry into the country. When stating your purpose on your visa form it is best to say Tourism rather than Yoga.
What to bring
• Yoga mat
• Light yoga clothes
• Electrical adaptors: India operates on 220V, the same 2 prong plugs as Europe, which are different from North America.
• Earplugs: If you are sensitive sleeper
• Mosquito repellent: Although an excellent version called Odomos is available widely.
• Sunscreen: You will need to take care against the strong sun, especially when arriving from winter.